What is the Green Deal?
The Green Deal is a finance scheme that enables home owners to save money on their energy bills through installation of energy efficiency measures such as roof insulation, at no up-front cost.
How does it work?
Green Deal Providers can offer you a loan to pay for the energy efficiency measures you want installed in your home; you pay back the loan via the savings you make on your energy bills.
1. A Green Deal Assessor visits your home and tells you what energy efficiency measures would be suitable for your home and which would help reduce the cost of your energy bills. They draw up a plan which can be taken to a Green Deal Provider.
2. A Green Deal Provider reviews the plan and offers you a loan to pay for the energy efficiency measures you want installed in your home.
3. A Green Deal Installer visits your home, installs the energy efficiency measures, and informs the Provider that the work has been carried out. The work is registered with the Green Deal Oversight and Registration Body.
What’s in it for me?
Energy bills have risen dramatically in recent years. By installing energy efficiency measures such as roof insulation, you can reduce the amount of energy you use and therefore save money in the long term.
1. Visit the Green Deal Oversight and Registration Body
2. Find a Green Deal Assessor and Green Deal Provider
3. Get an assessment and a plan
4. Revisit www.competentroofer.co.uk
5. Find a CompetentRoofer who is authorised to carry out Green Deal work.
Why use a CompetentRoofer?
CompetentRoofer is the Government-licenced scheme for England and Wales that allows professional roofing contractors to self-certify that their roof refurbishment work complies with the Building Regulations.
Our members are thoroughly vetted before joining and are inspected annually. They can save you money on the cost of notifying your roof refurbishment work to your local council Building Control department, and their work is covered by our insurance-backed guarantees which cover all roof materials and labour.
CompetentRoofer is a UKAS accredited Certification Body, which means that our members can apply to be audited and inspected against the requirements of PAS 2030 and the Green Deal Code of Practice and if successful, can be registered as Green Deal approved Installers to undertake Green Deal and Energy Company Obligation (ECO) work.
Are you a roofer and want to become a Green Deal approved Installer?
Find out more on our Green Deal Installer page.